Tuesday, August 07, 2007

What's in your nose?

Well, I had my rhinoscopy done today. It was rather fun. I found out that I do indeed have a fuzz wad in my throat...it's actually a polyp. It's not too big that they need to go in and remove it; they'll leave that as a last resort if I just can't take it any more. Even then, I'd have to go to an ENT (ear nose and throat doctor). I think I can live with it for now. At least I know there is something there and I'm not just going more crazy. On a side note, I did find out that I have a slightly deviated septum. This too is only minimal and requires no surgery at present. I would suspect that if I were to get kicked in the face again while swimming that the current diagnosis might change a bit. Since I don't plan on joining any swim teams anytime in the near future I don't think I have to worry about that. (For those who don't know, I had my nose broken in high school---I was at swim practice and one of my own team mates accidentally kicked me in the nose and broke it.)



My daughter went with me to the appointment today. She was a riot. She kept asking me if I had cleaned out all of my boogers so that the doctor wouldn't have to see them when they started the procedure. She also took a picture of the camera with her phone camera. nose cameraYou can clearly see that it is not a good picture but also that the camera wasn't quite the 35 mm I had been expecting. My nose, therefore, remains normal looking and was not stretched out any at all. I am getting feeling back in it and have been sneezing like crazy. That feels funny! Have you ever sneezed while the inside of your nose was numb? I hope you never have to experience it; but, if you do try not to let the phantom snot feeling get to you. I have been wiping my nose for almost an hour and have yet to find what it is that I think I'm feeling.


Powered by Qumana

No comments: