Monday, August 13, 2007

I look like a cherry tomato

I just had to post this because it seems funny to me. You have to understand, this is just one of those thing regarding the way I think. I have always been one who is critical of my looks and appearance. You know, bad hair days, bad face days and all of that. Well, it was about two years ago that I decided I needed to get back into good health and a good shape rather than round and expanding. So, I looked at some pictures I took of myself to chart my progress in August of 2005. No, I will not show these pictures right now nor will I take a more recent one than the one that is on my profile (which is only about a month old). Once I reach my goal I may show the before and after. Just as a little background, since I started this weight loss endeavor I have gained at least 16 pounds. Yuck!


At any rate, I have decided to take up my pursuit of better health and a desirable shape again. I had been working on the internal for a while and actually made some good progress this weekend in that arena. I began experiencing what is called The Herxheimer's Reaction. This is when all of the toxins in your cells, liver and other organs begin purging all of the bacteria that is dying that have been living there for so long. This happens because all of the bad bacteria begin to die off and flood the blood with toxins that need to be removed from the body. The really fun part of this reaction is the way it feels. It is nearly flu like and not altogether lovely. I was mostly tired and headachy. I also suffered from heat flashes and cold chills. This made it rather hard to sleep too. Despite these icky feelings I can already feel myself improving! I have quite a bit more energy and that is always a plus for somebody who has only wanted to sleep for the past 20 years.


The worst part of the "reaction" is that my face is as red as a cherry tomato. Everybody who has seen me today is certain that I got a sunburn. I know the worst of the cleansing is over...hopefully the facial showing will not continue for too much longer. I'm going to the coast later this week. I don't need a real sunburn on top of my cherry-ness!


As a side not, I started on the external change-up this weekend too. I am joining a new gym which is less than half of what I used to pay for that "high-end" one that I went to for so long. Since I have been working out in the morning I can actually feel my body's metabolism kick up as I really feel when I need food and certain substances rather than just a growling tummy. It has really lifted my already high mood in only two days.


So, stay posted. I'll let you know if my face gets back to it's pasty porcelain color and when I'm able to fit comfortably back into my regular non-fat clothes:) When the latter occurs I will show forth my beauty in almost all of its glory (Ha!)...as long as it's not a bad face day, bad hair day, not too humid, my eyes are bright and green, the mud puppy stays away and that I'm not too covered with kitty hair. For those of you who don't know me too well, I am not capable of true conceit (I may convince a few that I am) and I am one of my own worst critics. I love making fun of myself, it helps me deal with what I see as my imperfections (which are great in number to my eyes).


Powered by Qumana

No comments: