Thursday, August 09, 2007

Keeping the mouth sounds at bay

I have figured out how to keep the dreadful mouth sounds from my workspace neighbor to a minimum. In order to block out the sound of her popping her gum incessantly I have to have my radio on, my air purifier on and be printing a crap load of stuff (using the printer at my desk, of course). If I have all of these things running I can almost block out the sound of her popping. Almost. In the past I had asked for nice ways of letting her know that her sounds were bothering me. Simple things do not work with this person. I even mentioned it to her earlier this week--in a round about way..."Do you hear that? Is that your gum? Goodness, I was worried that something was broken on my printer. That's quite loud." I guess I should have stated that I wanted it to stop; but, I thought that would go without saying. I was wrong! So, just about every day after lunch sometime I hear the dreaded popping of gum mouth sound. Occasionally in the morning. Please pray that God gives me the ability to block out the sound so that I don't just snap one day and go off on her. That wouldn't be too good or nice of me.


Powered by Qumana

No comments: