Monday, July 30, 2007

Syria...the demon cat?

I don't think that Syria liked the idea of us giving away her kittens this weekend. Though we only were able to find a home for one of them she was still a holy terror! I doubt this had anything to do with her dwindling brood. We left her out of the "kitten room" a.k.a. my craft room almost all day on Saturday while her offspring were kept in a rather large and roomy kitty carrier (yes, it is big...my fat cat, my little love and my little love's sister can all fit into it at the same time). While Syria was tasting freedom she may have ultimately sealed her fate at being given away with the rest of the tiny ones. You see, during the 6-8 hours that she was out and free she got into a bit of trouble. First, while I was making breakfast she decided to jump up on the counter and eat some of the plated eggs that were awaiting fresh warm buttermilk biscuits to emerge from the oven. She did this while I was standing right there! What nerve this little beast has! At least my other kitties are smart enough to not try this while I am in the room. After this, she proceeded to tear open a bag containing a loaf of bread (not one that I had made...just a quicky for making Philly Cheese Steaks earlier in the week). She got bread all over the kitchen and the recently vacuumed carpet. The bread had already molded; so, it wasn't an actual loss except that again she went up on the counter and got into something.



Thinking that one kitty couldn't possibly get into any more trouble, I took a bit of a nap. I was, after all, a bit tired after my NAET treatment. When I awoke I found that she had gotten into my sourdough starter. That little fiend! I guess I should be grateful that she didn't actually step into it. She simply stepped onto it and pushed my rubber banded paper towel covering into it. She then pulled out the paper towel and proceeded to eat out the middle of it...all, again, on the kitchen counter. She left starter everywhere!



By now her butt should be hurting enough to keep her out of further trouble...wouldn't you think? Well, she decided that she wanted more of the moldy bread she had torn up earlier and dug into the trash and pulled it out and tore it up some more! Ya know what? That was the last straw...she got put back into the "kitty room" and hasn't seen the rest of the house since.



So, knowing now that nothing is safe in the kitchen, it has been decided that next Saturday (when we go to my sister's house for Part II of Kitty Elimination Free Kitty Drive) that Syria will accompany her remaining fuzz balls and join them in their fate of being relinquished to complete strangers to whom we will entrust their complete care.



I guess I should be thankful that she didn't pee on my bed like my former "demon cat" Baby. We are still keeping Syria's son Nos and my three kitties...so we will still have a house full of cats. And since the dog isn't going anywhere, we will continue to have a mud puppy in the back yard (with all the rain we've had it doesn't look like Klaus, our German Shepard, will be clean for quite a while).


Powered by Qumana

No comments: