Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Bitter Sweet End



I have such a brave daughter. She is kind and considerate. It really pained me to not be there with her when the expected end came for Sweetie. This child cared and loved Sweetie through ‘til her last breath. She faced this by herself with courage, strength and valor. She stayed by Sweetie’s side through every convulsion and trembled in anguish knowing that the end was near…knowing there was nothing that could be done but be there. I truly wish I could have been there not only for Sweetie; but, so that my daughter wouldn’t have to face the death of a family member alone. When the end came and the last breath was released my poor bereaved child couldn’t speak to tell me. She sent me a text message. It is so much easier to type than it is to talk during a time of tragedy and sorrow. She sent me a text asking what to do with her. I texted her back and then called once I had my composure about me. I asked her if she was alright…knowing that she couldn’t possibly be. She said she was. But then she broke down and admitted she wasn’t. So, I made a call to a good friend who went over and tended to Sweetie and got her ready for her burial. You know that you have a good friend when they go over to tend to your passed animal.







You may think, “hey, it’s just a cat…get over it”. But, you don’t know what this “just a cat” is to our family. I can’t even put it into words. When you have been entrusted with the care of another living creature it is an honor and a privilege. I never took it lightly and have loved her truly as a member of the family (as did our entire family).







Sweetie, you were a blessing to our household and family. I cherish every moment I was granted to spend with you. Be well and at peace in God’s hands and thank you for choosing our house to be your home.

Sweetie Kittie:

Born ?--joined our family July of 1998

Passed--3:33 PM Oct 2, 2007




Powered by Qumana

No comments: